Chocolate Donuts with Blood Orange Glaze
Chocolate Donuts with Blood Orange Glaze, makes 12 donuts
1 1/2 cups flour
½ cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs butter. Melted
Blood Orange Glaze
2 Tbs Butter, Melted
2 Tbs corn syrup
3 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup blood orange juice
2 Tbs heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat them together and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter to the batter and mix until a batter has formed.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the donut pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Turn the donuts out onto a cooling rack and let the donuts cool.
- While the donuts are baking, make the glaze by whisking everything together.
- When the donuts have cooled, dip them into the glaze. (I triple dunked them!)
- Eat immediately or let them rest while the blood orange glaze sets up!
Recipe & Photos via Heather Christo Cooks!